1. With Tyler Wilson injured, Arkansas prepares for the worst and hopes for the best. John L. Smith: “We have to kind of assume, and if we get Tyler back, then it will be icing on the cake for us.”
3. What’s it like for Arkansas fans after the stunning loss Saturday? “It feels like that we’re watching the program unravel.”
4. No hard feelings between Arkansas coach John L. Smith and Louisiana-Monroe coach Todd Barry. Reason they didn’t shake hands after the game? Smith couldn’t locate him.
5. Regardless of Wilson’s status for Saturday, Alabama is preparing for him anyway.
6. Alabama is going to miss running back Jalston Fowler – likely done for the year with a knee injury. Nick Saban:“It’s going to take a number of people to replace him in various roles that he played on our team.
7. Dan Mullen on avoiding complacency following the win over Auburn: “Those pats on the back can become kicks in the rear end really quick.”
8. Gene Chizik on changes to Auburn’s secondary: “If you’re not productive, we’re going to give other guys opportunities.”
9. “At 0-2, it’s a good time to have some desperation on the Plains. But let’s not go that far.”
10. No “official” starting quarterback at Ole Miss but Bo Wallace will get the nod for the third straight game. Hugh Freeze – “he’s the guy we’re going to go with right now.”
11. Wallace’s favorite target is sophomore Donte Moncrief.
12. Like a lot of teams that are heavy favorites this weekend, the Arkansas loss will be mentioned at LSU this week. Les Miles: “I’m certain that (the Hogs’ loss) that’ll be mentioned in our meetings.”
13. With quarterback Zach Mettenberger getting more comfortable, LSU looks to expand the passing game. Miles: “We want to throw the football down the field and more efficiently.”
14. Tennessee running backs to deliver a message against Florida? “That we’re going to lead the SEC in rushing this year, no doubt,”
15. Derek Dooley on ESPN GameDay coming to town: “If you have GameDay out there and lay an egg, all that goes out the window.”
16. Tennessee-Florida like the old days? Not exactly.
17. John Adams: “Although the Vols have upgraded their talent under coach Derek Dooley, they can’t match Florida’s recruiting stars.”
18. Georgia offensive tackle John Theus survives the roughest night of his college career.
19. Missouri offensive tackle Elvis Fisher out indefinitely with a knee injury.
20. A victory for South Carolina Saturday will be the 200th win of Steve Spurrier’s career. It all began as “Air Ball” at Duke.
21. Is Vandy play-calling too conservative?
22. A feel-good story for Kentucky this year? Wide receiver Aaron Boyd.
23. Western Kentucky coach tweets apology after saying about his students – “The reason they’re at WKU is probably they couldn’t get into UK.”
24. Four players with serious head injuries this weekend in college football. “How many more Black Saturdays?”
25. Big East and the Orange Bowl?
26. A few SEC players get mentioned here as Heisman Trophy candidates.
27. David Harten on John Calipari: “Whatever you think about him, he’s got a method to all his madness.”