1. With a victory tonight, Steve Spurrier will become the 22nd coach in FBS history to reach 200 wins.
2. Regardless of whether quarterback Connor Shaw can play, Spurrier wants a better performance than last week. “We could have thrown for 600 yards against ECU if we had been real sharp …”
Arizona State at Missouri
3. With quarterback James Franklin’s status in doubt, is this a must-win game for Mizzou?
4. Speculation about a shoulder injury for Franklin – are the Tigers prepared to start redshirt freshman Corbin Berkstresser?
Mississippi State at Troy
5. First time Troy has ever hosted an SEC opponent. For Mississippi State, it’s the first of three games this year against the Sun Belt.
6. This game “might just be the biggest in Troy’s 12-year history playing major college football.”
Western Kentucky at Kentucky
7. Wildcats remember quote from last year: “They’re supposed to be SEC. C’mon, man.”
8. Kentucky coaches declared a state of emergency at weakside linebacker following loss to Louisville. Enter Alvin “Bud” Dupree.
Florida Atlantic at Georgia
9. Key for Georgia – stay healthy. Three straight SEC opponents after this game.
10. Aaron Murray on wide receiver Marlon Brown: “A quarterback’s dream.”
Idaho at LSU
11. How do you make the gameday experience enjoyable for fans when scheduling cupcakes? LSU considers making free Internet access available at Tiger Stadium.
12. Schedule begins to change for the Tigers. Conference play starts next week against Auburn.
Texas at Ole Miss
13. Emotions running high: “The town of Oxford is jammed full of people, and a sellout crowd will be going absolutely wild when the late-night kickoff arrives.”
14. How did the Texas-Ole Miss series come to be? No surprise – Archie Manning had a role.
15. Bomb scare on the Austin campus causes Texas team plane to arrive late in Memphis.