1. Bulldogs now 1-0 in SEC play for the first time since 1999.
2. 222 yards and three touchdowns for quarterback Tyler Russell.
3. Kevin Scarbinsky: “It was the worst loss of Chizik’s tenure, and none of the others comes close.”
4. After an 0-2 Auburn start - questions about the quarterback position.
South Carolina 48 – East Carolina 10
5. 21-37 for 330 yards and three touchdowns for backup QB Dylan Thompson.
6. “It appears Dylan Thompson offers a few things to Steve Spurrier’s offense that injured starter Connor Shaw does not.”
7. East Carolina coach Ruffin McNeill:” They’re a very talented football team. Well-coached. A definite SEC contender.”
Alabama 35 – Western Kentucky 0
8. Tide defense has now forced seven turnovers on the season – five have led to touchdowns.
9. Defense dominates but offense has some struggles – 103 rushing yards on 31 attempts, six sacks allowed for the offensive line.
10. Running back Jalston Fowlers suffers a knee injury.