1. The pitch to recruits is similar at many schools – play early, win championships, get ready for the NFL and be part of a family.
2. Lack of depth means most of the freshman class at Ole Miss will play right away.
3. From leading passer to wide receiver and now to running back - Ole Miss’ Randall Mackey is on the move.
4. Hugh Freeze: ”If he stays focused and keeps working hard, I really believe he’ll show he’s one of the best athletes in the SEC.”
5. An accusation of bullying women leveled at Tennessee AD Dave Hart.
6. Arkansas coach John L. Smith: ”Right now we’re talking about one thing, and that’s our expectation of winning a national championship.”
8. Arkansas State coach Gus Malzahn wants to schedule the Razorbacks.
10. Redshirt freshman quarterback Tanner McEvoy has had his suspension lifted.
11. Several Mizzou players have put on weight in the offseason - that’s what a 5,000 calorie diet will do for you.
13. Arrested for marijuana possession in March, Bulldogs cornerback Branden Smith will be available to play in the opener against Buffalo.
14. When you talk about the Bulldogs defense, don’t forget about safety Shawn Williams.
15. With reps at both tailback and fullback, Richard Samuel is the busiest of the Georgia backs.
16. Georgia sophomore linebacker Ramik Wilson is getting first-team reps.
17. Ranking the SEC linebacking corps – from No. 1 Georgia to No. 14 Vanderbilt.
18. An extra focus on the offensive line at Florida.
20. Any edge at Auburn in the race for the starting quarterback position? Offensive coordinator Scott Loeffler: “There’s no separation whatsoever.”
21. Youth will be served along Auburn’s offensive line.
22. The Tigers want more out of their linebackers.
23. Alabama-LSU on November 3rd will feature what may be college football’s best offensive line going up against what is probably the best defensive line.
24. A year ago, AJ McCarron battled for the starting quarterback job at Alabama. Not the case this year.
25. Eddie Lacy looks to lead the Bama rushing attack.
26. “Repeat after me: The odds are against Alabama repeating.”
27. Former Alabama receiver Duron Carter is now at Florida Atlantic - his fourth school in four years.
28. Will LSU’s No. 2 rings serve as motivation by embarrassment?
29. 68,772 season tickets sold at LSU.
30. Greg Studrawa on his second season as offensive coordinator at LSU: ”Things are a lot smoother now.”
31. The order of QB reps at today’s practice.
32. Patrick Peterson’s brother won’t be enrolled at LSU this fall.
33. Tyrann Mathieu vs. Mississippi State’s Johnthan Banks- who you got?
34. Comparing Benardrick McKinney to former MSU linebacker K.J. Wright – the similarities are eerie.
36. Send the name Dante to the Inferno - Tennessee’s defensive lineman is now Omari.
37. Expect a battle for the starting center position at Tennessee.
38. One man’s take on the Vols best players in the past 25 years.
40. Intensity ramps up on the practice field at Vanderbilt as shoulder pads get put on.
41. New surface this year for the Texas A&M basketball court.
42. Tennessee’s Italian journey is underway - four games in ten days.
43. Another Penn State defection – wide receiver Justin Brown apparently headed to Oklahoma.
44. Penalties were expected to cripple USC. They didn’t. Credit Lane Kiffin.
45. The 1972 Olympic U.S. men’s team will re-unite in Lexington later this month.