1. Here’s a report from Alabama’s practice on Friday.
2. Blake Sims found work at quarterback with the Crimson Tide on Friday.
3. Auburn offensive lineman Eric Mack is away from the team while he works through some issues.
4. Auburn defensive backs coach Willie Martinez discusses his secondary unit.
5. The Tigers won’t have to worry about covering Clemson receiver Sammy Watkins in the opener.
6. Who will be Florida’s recruiting coordinator with Aubrey Hill gone? Try the head coach.
7. The battle continues as Florida looks for its starting quarterback.
8. True freshman John Theus could be Georgia’s answer at right tackle.
9. Bulldogs quarterback Aaron Murray learned from some of the best this summer.
10. Tough loss for Kentucky: cornerback Marcus Caffey is ineligible.
11. Kentucky coach Joker Phillips has banned his team from tweeting.
12. A freshman Kentucky linebackers believes the Wildcats will “shock” some people.
13. Don’t expect LSU players to be banned from the bars anytime soon.
14. Ole Miss linebacker D.T. Shackelford will miss another season because of a knee injury.
15. Receiver Donte Moncrief is Ole Miss’ most important player this season.
16. Missouri offensive tackle Justin Britt suffered a foot injury.
17. Tigers running back Henry Josey believes he could return to play this season.
18. South Carolina players are happy to have star tailback Marcus Lattimore.
19. Tennessee quarterback Tyler Bray needs to make smarter decisions.
20. Here’s a look at Texas A&M as the Aggies have opened up camp.
21. Texas A&M will need strong defensive play as it prepares for the SEC.
22. Could tougher entrance requirements be a problem for schools in the future?
23. Here’s one goal for each of the 14 SEC teams as they prepare for the season.
24. One more: Georgia’s Malcolm Mitchell has been compared to former LSU corner Mo Claiborne.