1. Athlon Sports lists the 10 biggest SEC storylines of fall practice.
2. Will Muschamp says he feels good about Florida’s quarterback battle. (Ever heard a coach say, “I really hate our quarterback situation?”)
3. Georgia opened practice yesterday.
5. Kentucky offensive coordinator Randy Sanders thinks his squad will be better than last year. (That shouldn’t be too tough.)
6. Here are five questions for South Carolina this fall.
7. Tennessee’s Derek Dooley has a lot more players to choose from and use this fall.
8. Quarterback Jordan Rodgers is now the clear leader of Vanderbilt’s football team.
9. Missouri quarterback James Franklin looked “pretty darn good” yesterday as he comes off of shoulder surgery.
10. The first report of Alabama’s first fall practice has been filed.
11. Auburn no longer has Mike Dyer at tailback but the Tigers do have depth.
12. Only two players were absent from Arkansas’ first practice session.
13. LSU players know better than anyone that the only ranking that matters is the one you have after the final game.
14. Mississippi State’s Dan Mullen says he’s not going to answer injury questions anymore. (Childishly, he even stood up and threatened to leave the room when asked about a specific player.)
15. Ole Miss started fall practice without two key freshmen yesterday.
16. No shock, quarterback tops the list of questions at Texas A&M.
17. A 5-7 bowl team? An FCS bowl team? Sure, why not? (I used to be against all the bowls, but if some kid gets to play in a postseason game in Hackensack, good for him. No one will try to make me watch it.)