I really hate to see Arkansas giving up the Thanksgiving weekend game with LSU. It was so much fun. However, I think I saw where the game would no longer be played in Little Rock. But, it was becoming quite the tradition. Does LSU and Texas A&M have some history?
1. Kiehl Frazier takes over Auburn’s starting quarterback gig tomorrow.
2. Who’s got the edge: Alabama or Michigan?
3. Don’t expect Denard Robinson to go all Cam Newton on the Tide.
4. After 20 years, ex-Razorbacks coach Jack Crowe returns to Arkansas (with his Jacksonville State team).
5. LSU’s big O-line is healthy and ready to roll against North Texas.
6. Former Rebel return man Jesse Grandy will return to face Ole Miss as part of Central Arkansas’ passing attack tomorrow. “It’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.”
7. UM’s recent fundraising efforts have brought in $75 million.
8. Will Mississippi State blowout Jackson State? “Most certainly.”
9. An “insider” says that thanks to Texas A&M agreeing to play Arkansas in Arlington, “the Razorbacks are willing to give up their regular-season-ending game with LSU so the Aggies and Tigers can meet on Thanksgiving weekend in coming years.”
10. Florida wants to resolve its quarterback battle soon.
11. Will Muschamp already has one win this year — no Gators went to jail this summer.
12. Georgia D-Coordinator Todd Grantham knows how to “make things work” despite injuries and suspensions.
13. When it comes to Kentucky-Louisville, “the team that has rushed for the most yards has won the game 16 years in a row.”
14. Hoops update — Former Xavier star Evan Daniels won’t be playing for John Calipari’s Wildcats.
15. Marcus Lattimore came to the rescue in South Carolina’s 17-13 win at Vanderbilt last night.
16. With just a painful bruise to his shoulder, Connor Shaw “absolutely” expects to play next week against East Carolina.
17. Tennessee looks to change its identity tonight against NC State in Atlanta.
18. Starting next week, Knoxville scalpers won’t be able hock their tickets right beside Neyland Stadium.
19. A missed call was a “death blow” to Vanderbilt last night because “the Commodores simply aren’t good enough to overcome such things.” (Death Blow!)
20. Steve Spurrier on this year’s Commodores: “They don’t have any slow dudes like they used to.”
21. Missouri AD Mike Alden has gotten a two-year contract extension in Columbia.
22. Evan Boehm is about to become the first Tiger freshman O-lineman that Gary Pinkel will start in his first collegiate game.
23. The economy’s sluggish and HDTV is taking over… but college football ticket prices are still rising.
24. Fourteen SEC beatwriters have made their preseason predictions for the league.
25. This college football season… it’s an SEC world. Again.