1. Mo Isom doesn’t make the cut at LSU - “fourth or fifth best kicker.”
2. “Miles is not the coach of some oft-forgotten mid-major starving for attention. He and his program need no gimmicks to generate storylines.”
3. Quarterback questions at Auburn: “If Frazier was far-and-away the best quarterback on the team, why did Chizik and Co. wait so long to crown him the starter?”
4. Former Auburn coach Pat Dye: “There is no discipline problem in Auburn. If you’ve got a Michael Dyer, he won’t make it.”
5. Texas A&M linebacker Sean Porter: “We’re going into a man’s league.”
6. Aggies linebacker Jonathan Stewart: “If we listened to what people say, we’re going to be mediocre, not compete against other SEC teams, and not make a bowl.”
7. Arkansas Razorbacks football today vs. 1997. ”The mood has taken a 180-degree turn from those dark days.”
8. Why Tenarius Wright’s conversion from defensive end to middle linebacker could be a key to the success of the Razorbacks this fall.
9. Gene Stallings on Alabama football: ”When you watch their players play, it’s a joy for me personally as a coach because when they make a play they don’t jump up and high-five and run around in circles.”
10. Nick Saban is no stranger to Michigan. He’s 5-7 in his career against the Wolverines.
11. Jon Solomon: “The Big Ten still can’t win a big one.”
13. Why this year’s offensive line at Ole Miss could be a good fit for Hugh Freeze’s no-huddle offense.
SEC East Football
14. Lane Kiffin on Derek Dooley: ”He needs more time from all the changes and now all the coaching changes he’s gone through. He’s got to be able to have more time to show what he can do.”
16. Kentucky’s director of football administration has resigned.
17. Joker Phillips on his backups at cornerback: “We’re going true freshmen. That’s all we’ve got.”
18. Vanderbilt’s 2013 season opener at Ohio State may not happen.
19. The quarterback battle at Florida will extend into the season opener. Expect to see both Jacoby Brissett and Jeff Driskol against Bowling Green.
20. Will Muschamp on his Gators team: “I think we’ve improved tremendously.”
22. Marcus Lattimore likes the running back depth at South Carolina: “I don’t have to take more than 30 carries anymore. That’s a good thing.”
23. With John Jenkins and Kwame Geathers, Georgia has a potent 1-2 punch at nose tackle.
24. Bulldogs try to walk the fine line between letting backups play and burning redshirts.
25. Different league, different border culture for Mizzou. Gary Pinkel: ”The passion and intensity level of the fans base is obviously at a whole different level,”
College Football News
26. Pat Forde on the 10 biggest issues facing college football - Is the SEC’s outlaw image making a comeback?
27. Woes for the Longhorns Network. Texas AD Deloss Dodds: “It’s painful for everybody.”
28. Missed opportunity this Saturday for NCAA football?
29. What’s the transition like from sportswriter to high school english teacher? ”I’m terrified.”
30. Why are there mirrors next to elevators? The psychology of waiting in line.