SEC West Football
1.. “Tyrann Mathieu’s football future seems to be getting cloudier by the day.”
4. Aggies defensive line. The weakest link?
5. The short career of Tobias Singleton at Ole Miss is now history.
6. Nick Saban loves his star center: “Whether Barrett Jones was a football player or not, I think he would be one of the finest people anybody in this room or anywhere else would have the opportunity to meet.”
7. Auburn offensive lineman John Sullen is impressed with highly-touted Greg Robinson: ”You can go on and on about him, but I love playing with him.”
8. Nick Holt was once the defensive coordinator at Washington. He’s now the on-campus recruiting coordinator for Arkansas.
9. Scouts from eight different NFL teams watch Tyler Wilson.
10. $75 million, 9,000 seat expansion for Mississippi State’s Davis-Wade stadium.
SEC East Football
12. Impressed with Georgia’s recruiting: “Georgia could very well be looking at two straight SEC East titles and a top three recruiting class come February.
13. South Carolina vs. Vanderbilt – two weeks from today. Is Marcus Lattimore ready? Steve Spurrer: “He demonstrated that he is ready to play.”
14. Vanderbilt freshmen will find out Sunday if this is a redshirt season.
15. A focus on fourth-quarter woes at Florida.
16. Milligan College football camp is over for Tennessee: “When Smokey’s been hunting the way you want him to hunt, you throw that dog a bone.”
17. Camp life at Kentucky: ”We’re not big on the whole freshmen hazing thing because we know it’s not easy to learn a new system, so why make it more difficult on them and slow down their progression for fun?”
18. Walk-on lineman Max Copeland is making noise at Mizzou: ”Here, you know, it’s nothing but heavy metal and lifting weights, chicken breasts, growing out your hair and being gross,” he said. “It’s the American dream, man.”
20. The myth of SEC superiority? “The record is clear. In head-to-head match-ups against other major conferences, the SEC has either a combined losing record or one that’s generally only a little better than even.”
21. Demoting the Fighting Irish: ”Notre Dame still gets perks and love from the NCAA and BCS as though the year is 1946.”
22. What’s the significance of the hiring of new Big East commissioner Mike Aresco? “If there’s any doubt about television’s importance in college sports, this hire confirms it. “
23. Tony Barnhart: “I stand before you today in praise of Lane Kiffin.”
24. Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott on the coaches’ poll: ”I think it’s an unfair position to put the coaches in, to supposedly vote objectively when they’ve got a very natural conflict of interest.”
25. Bill Curry – football czar?
26. Sneak peek at a new book on Joe Paterno.
27. What was the impact of Tennessee’s trip to Italy? ”It was a time for us to grow together and bond together.”
28. Alabama guard Ben Eblen is leaving the team.
29. Basketball recruits on the rise include an Arkansas commitment.