1. Auburn freshman running back Jovon Robinson didn’t practice Friday. High school counselor admits creating fraudulent transcript. Statement released from Memphis City Schools.
2. Diagnosed with leukemia two years ago, offensive tackle Shon Coleman is back to full health and playing football.
3. Blake Burgess has from a center to a tight end and now a fullback at Auburn.
4. Gene Chizik on the team’s starting QB - “battle is just close”.
7. A roller coaster ride for Kentucky quarterback Morgan Newton.
8. Joker Phillips on his Wildcats team: ”It will be a young football team, but a young, fiery, talented football team.”
9. “This Is SEC Country” billboard - in Austin, Texas.
10. Alabama cornerback Travell Dixon has left the team for personal reasons.
11. Crimson Tide nose guard Jesse Williams and the 600-pound bench press.
13. Mississippi State probably won’t decide on a kicker until “the first touchdown in the first game.”
14. A walk-on could win the kicking job at Mizzou.
15. A banged-up offensive line for the Tigers, but co-offensive line coach Bruce Walker isn’t worried. “Sometimes you do OK with little stubby guys from Missouri that go around and beat your butt and (finish) ninth in the country in rushing.”
16. A suddenly crowded backfield behind Marcus Lattimore at South Carolina.
17. What the Gamecocks can learn from the Tanner McEvoy incident.
19. Vols practice at Steve Spurrier Field.
20. Tennesse cornerback Prentiss Waggner on hearing the news of the dismissal of LSU’s cornerback: ”That’s real sad to hear. I love Tyrann Mathieu.”
21. Vanderbilt wants interceptions and aggressive play from its defensive backs.
23. Several freshman in the Bulldogs backfield won’t be getting a redshirt.
24. ESPN’s interview with Bobby Petrino - “primarily a pre-job interview.”
26. Alabama’s schedule features 20 games against opponents that won at least 18 games year.
28. Mississippi State avoids the dreaded Thursday-Saturday turnaround.
29. Tennessee gets one Thursday night road game followed by a Saturday afternoon home contest.
30. Ole Miss opens SEC play at Tennessee.
31. Kentucky starts conference play with Vanderbilt.
32. Vanderbilt coach Kevin Stallings: “Obviously Kentucky will be one of the favorites, as Tennessee will be probably, so those are always big, competitive games around here.”
33. Florida opens with Georgia.
34. Illinois and Florida State are on the non-conference schedule for Auburn.
35. National TV 13 times for Mizzou.
36. Tigers begin a 5-game, 10-day European tour with a victory.
37. Tennessee moves to 2-0 in its Italian road trip.
38. Former Florida Gator Jeff Demps part of a record-setting Olympic relay team.
39. Tim Tebow’s Jets debut provides few answers.