1. The LSU buzz at media days? The player who wasn’t there.
3. Les Miles on Mettenberger: ”Maybe he (Mettenberger) could have taken some snaps in that national championship game should he have not gotten hurt earlier in that bowl practice.”
4. The loss that still can’t be explained.
5. The ever-quotable Miles and some of his interesting answers.
6. Is Florida coach Will Muschamp the Anti-Urban?
7. Muschamp: ”We are a year older and I’m pleased where that is headed.”
8. A key to the Gators season? A quick start.
9. Matt Hayes on Florida: “There was a time when they owned this place.”
10. How will Auburn’s 2012 season be defined? “(B)y to what extent it closes the gap on the blowout losses.”
11. Kevin Scarbinsky: “Does Auburn have an image problem or a character problem?”
14. “More indication came Wednesday that Arkansas’ season-ending rivalry with LSU will be a thing of the past sooner rather than later.”
15. Knile Davis: ”I do feel like I’m the best running back in the SEC.”
16. Tyler Wilson enters his senior as a confident quarterback of the Razorbacks.
17. A confident Dan Mullen has high expectations for his Mississippi State Bulldogs.
18. Why the SEC opener against Auburn is not just another game.
19. Is Johnthan Banks a better player than Tyrann Mathieu?
21. Even at a football event, Kentucky coach Joker Phillips can’t escape UK basketball frenzy.