1. Isaiah Crowell and Alabama State: “There’s a fine line between acceptable and dangerous risks.”
2. Former Auburn running back Michael Dyer may never play at Arkansas State but he’s already had an impact at Gus Malzahn’s program.
3. Georgia coaches Mark Richt and Mark Fox: “The pair are unusually close, and talk often, whether it’s about their jobs or smaller stuff.”
4. The one player John L. Smith would most like to clone at Arkansas - it’s not who you think.
5. Why Arkansas at South Carolina is a top 10 game on the SEC schedule this fall.
6. With Mizzou and Texas A&M now in the fold, the focus shifts to improving the TV schedule, especially late in the season.
7. A new conference for the Tigers but an old rivalry still captures headlines.
8. What does Florida need to win the SEC East? “The Gators don’t need their quarterback to be Andrew Luck to win the division, but they need significant improvement over what they had there since Tim Tebow left town. ”
9. Kentucky defensive coordinator Rick Minter previews the 2012 defense.
10. Andy Staples on the value of a highly-prized recruit: “How many scholarships would Tim Tebow have been worth? Cam Newton? Ndamukong Suh? All players aren’t created equal. Some are worth far more than others.”
11. An upgrade to the gameday atmosphere is on schedule at South Carolina.
12. Ole Miss punter and former NCAA punting champion Tyler Campbell looks to regain his form.
13. The Dominican National Basketball Team is one win away from the Olympics. John Calipari is their coach.
14. The dangers of turning over your athletic department to a billionaire donor – T. Boone Pickens and Oklahoma State.
15. A new report on the Jerry Sandusky investigation could be made public next week – “expected to be tough on Paterno.”
16. The Big East remains the only Big Six conference without a high-profile bowl game tie.
17. A casualty of the Internet age – baseball card collecting is a dying hobby.
18. One million pushups in a year.
19. 100 things to eat in Memphis before you die.