1. The SEC in 2012 could be the year of the quarterback.
2. “What does the SEC look like in 2022?”
3. Ranking the SEC secondaries – from No 1. LSU to No. 14 Vanderbilt.
4. What makes the coach from South Carolina different? “Spurrier likes to mess with other coaches. He always has.”
5. Scott Rabalais: ”Personally, I wish the NCAA could impose a $1 million ceiling on head coaches’ salaries.”
6. John Clay on new rules regarding coaches sideline behavior: “the new “monitoring” emphasis is one year too late…”
7. Some like the four-team model – others would prefer eight. SEC coaches and the future of playoffs.
8. SEC coaches and the Connecticut Car Wash.
9. Why Missouri coach Gary Pinkel will never forget his first SEC Media Days.
10. Texas A&M receiver Ryan Swope on his new conference: “It’s a privilege to be in the SEC, and this is going to be a fun year.”
11. A better passing game is the focus at LSU this year.
12. Alabama’s Barrett Jones on the challenges of playing center: ”What little glory the offensive line has, the left tackle hogs about 90 percent of it…”
13. The under-the-radar Tennessee Volunteers: “The Vols spoke, but few were listening.”
14. Can Kentucky’s win over Tennessee last year generate momentum for this fall? Wildcat senior Collins Ukwu: ”I remember after the game, you had old ladies and old men in their 70s running up to you saying, ‘Thank you’ because they haven’t seen anything like that before.”
15. The Memphis paper will focus its coverage on Ole Miss this fall.
16. “Did y’all say you’re from Missouri?”
18. Joe Paterno statue removed from its pedestal – headed to a “secure location.”
19. New Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby and the leadership challenges in the Big 12: “Beebe clearly was fired because some Big 12 schools saw him as a figurehead controlled by the University of Texas.”
20. Facebook and the new era of recruiting.
21. Is the Twitter universe ready for Barry Switzer?