1. Ranking the performances of coaches at SEC Media Days – from No. 1 James Franklin to No. 14 Will Muschamp.
2. SEC Media Days – theater of the absurd?
3. New York Times: “The woman wearing the houndstooth bra did not show up this year. Perhaps she couldn’t find a place to park.”
4. Arkansas-Alabama and ESPN Gameday?
5. Jon Solomon: “If college football had the guts, 11 regular-season games would return to counter conference championships…”
6. A change in the kickoff rules will mean a change in strategy for special teams this fall.
7. Brett McMurphy: “Georgia openly discussing a national championship? What is this, the 1980′s?”
8. A fluid roster for the Bulldogs means a media guide featuring players no longer on the team.
10. Texas A&M paid former football coach Mike Sherman $1.5 million in a settlement - less than previously thought.
11. Expect it be awhile before new A&M rivalries take shape.
12. If there was anything positive to come out Marcus Lattimore’s season-ending injury last fall – it was a diversified rushing attack at South Carolina.
13. Auburn is tentatively planning to start practice on August 1 – (just 11 days away).
14. Derek Dooley is fired up about his Tennessee squad’s one week training camp at Milligan College.
15. Dooley on his QB Tyler Bray and the importance of attending Media Days: “He needs to understand what it’s like to stand in front of all these cameras and be accountable to you guys just like he’s accountable to the team.”
16. When it comes to success at UT this fall, forget the marquee teams – focus on the swing games.
17. Kentucky football markets new season ticket mini-packages while denying requests to release season ticket figures.
18. The story of sports journalist Jessica Ghawi (Redfield) – one of the victims of the suburban Denver shooting massacre.
19. She narrowly escaped a mass shooting in Toronto just last month.