1. Missouri and Texas A&M know what they’re getting into with the SEC.
2. Offseason workouts make a difference for the LSU football team.
3. Mississippi State quarterback signee Nick Scheussler has decided to go to Clemson instead.
4. Ole Miss would like to soften their schedule like their cross-state rival, but for now they’ve got home-and-home series with Texas, Clemson and Georgia Tech on the horizon.
5. New Texas A&M (and old South Carolina) AD Eric Hyman has the potential to unify the Aggies.
6. Hyman admits that he doesn’t know a soul in the A&M athletic department.
7. This paper says Florida linebacker Jelani Jenkins is the SEC’s 15th-best player.
8. South Carolina president Harris Pastides says there’s no rush to find a new AD and talks about Cocks baseball coach Ray Tanner’s potential candidacy for the job.