1. NCAA president Mark Emmert says a report that he could leave his current post to return as chancellor at LSU is “complete nonsense.”
2. Work begins on a new weight room at Alabama.
3. Auburn’s summer workouts are serious business for Scot Loeffler’s new offense.
4. The status of three suspended Arkansas footballers hasn’t changed.
5. Razorback AD Jeff Long says photos of black football uniforms aren’t “official” and he refutes Jackie Sherrill’s assertion that the SEC has talked about pairing LSU and Texas A&M on Thanksgiving.
7. Two basketball players are leaving Ole Miss’ program, but in the case of Jelan Kendrick, it could be addition by subtraction.
8. Sherrill has told one writer he does not have first-hand knowledge that talks have taken place regarding an LSU-A&M Turkey Day matchup, but his experience tells him they probably have.
9. LSU AD Joe Alleva — like Arkansas’ Long — has dissed Sherrill as well: “Well, that’s totally wrong. I don’t think Jackie knows what’s going on. I don’t think he’s been at SEC meetings and I don’t think he knows what’s up.” Zing.
10. Florida was in the black for its Gator Bowl trip.
11. Georgia inside linebackers coach Kirk Olivadotti got a new perspective on life when his 4-year-old daughter was diagnosed with leukemia.
12. UGA D-coordinator Todd Grantham got a raise… but he’s actually dropped to fourth on the list of SEC defensive coordinators.
13. When it comes to Kentucky, the NBA combine is Big Blue reunion.
15. Missouri and Texas A&M are getting ready for Season #1 in the SEC.