1. Anybody up for doing away with “foul outs” in college basketball? This writer is.
2. Ah-hah! Someone else out there picked up on the fact that Jim Delany’s view of “the top four teams” might not mean the four highest-ranked teams.
3. This writer says another Alabama-LSU BCS title game is a possibility this season. (How many people outside the South would take up torches and pitchforks if that happened?)
4. AthlonSports.com ranks LSU as their preseason #2 team in the nation.
5. Arkansas and Texas A&M pushed a rule through the SEC Meetings in Destin last week allowing an SEC “home team” at a neutral site game to entertain recruits. But Florida and Georgia have agreed not to do so in their yearly contest at Jacksonville.
6. UF’s Will Muschamp is more comfortable entering Year Two of his Gator tenure.
7. As newspaper continue to die away, two longtime Kentucky sports columnists are going from print to television.
8. Yet another writer believes “the SEC stumbled” in not going to a nine-game football schedule.
9. One of the assistants Johnny Jones brought with him from North Texas to LSU has stepped down over “personal matters” after just a couple of months on the job.
10. Hurting for depth at quarterback, Mississippi State has grabbed a last-minute, dual-threat walk-on from Memphis for the 2012 season.
11. Here’s a tremendous, must-read Destin wrap — filled with great quotes — from Dave Matter of The Columbia (MO) Tribune.