1. Ok, so it appears we’re have consensus on a four-team college football playoff. Now what about the players?
2. Andy Staples: “If, during their seven-hour (scheduled) meeting Tuesday, the presidents begin drilling down into the finer points of the Champions Bowl, it can mean only one thing: College football finally, officially, irrevocably has a playoff.”
3. Projected $75.6 million in athletic department revenue this coming year at Arkansas.
4. Breaking down Florida’s schedule.
5. The Orlando Sentinel says Vanderbilt is the 60th best team in college football.
6. John Adams on Tennessee football: “Eight victories seem realistic, and you could make a case for nine.”
7. What’s the significance of the Missouri game to the Georgia Bulldogs? “Very high, because it sets the tone for Georgia’s season.”
8. Why Florida safety Matt Elam is one of the top 25 players in the SEC.
9. News conference Monday at the Citrus Bowl – renovation expected.
10. “I’d rather take a shower at Penn State then (sic) support Alabama”
11. Summer reading: “The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance,” by Bobby Petrino.
12. Vanderbilt’s John Jenkins on his NBA draft prospects: “I’m getting really good feedback.”
13. NASCAR driver Michael Waltrip’s tribute to the Kentucky Wildcats.
14. Could Darius Miller be a second-round steal in the NBA draft?
15. Moss Point, Mississippi’s Devin Booker is the son of former Missouri guard Melvin Booker – and quite the player in his own right.
16. Eleven years after departing Georgia early for the NBA draft, D.A. Layne comes back to campus to get his degree.
17. South Carolina is headed to the College World Series final against Arizona after beating Arkansas Friday night. “Arkansas fans – and privately, likely the players – feel robbed.”