1. “So the future of the nation’s second-most popular sport will be decided by academics descending from their high-minded thrones to take a multiple-choice test…”
2. The BCS Band and their farewell show.
3. Incoming Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby: ”For the Big 12, the highest-ranked four is a good thing.”
4. Mark Richt likes the idea of a 4-team playoff but not any bigger. “If you had a 16-team playoff, there would be too many games in my mind.”
6. Former Auburn player Antonio Goodwin gets 15 years in prison for an armed home-invasion robbery.
7. Kevin Scarbinsky: “Auburn has witnessed crime and punishment and tragedy on a rare scale.”
8. Sophomore Sam Gibson and redshirt freshman David Jenkins, both backup defensive backs, have left the LSU football team.
9. Blogosphere buzz on LSU’s #2 ring.
10. Les Miles: “The idea that we carried the No. 1 tag for 11 straight weeks and the best record in all of college football, we needed to put something on there that said the reality of that on the ring and said we didn’t get it all done.”
11. Miles’ LSU plane is for sale for $1.25 million.
12. Ole Miss, Mississippi State and the recruiting gap in the SEC.
13. Some informal chatter about ESPN Gameday at the Ole Miss-Texas game but visit seems “unlikely.”
14. What does the Auburn game mean for Georgia? “This game has sneaky big implications for Georgia, whose fans are tending to focus on the road trips Missouri and South Carolina.”
15. The Liberty Bowl will honor Lee Corso.
16. Mike Bianchi: “Invasion of the Buckeye Snatchers.”
17. Former Virginia Tech forward Dorian Finney-Smith is transferring to Florida.
18. Tennessee coach Cuonzo Martin still doesn’t have a formal contract.
19. Tennessee’s Jarnell Stokes scores 11 points, undefeated Team USA goes for the gold against Brazil.
20. Anthony Davis, the New Orleans Hornets and one of the world’s worst-kept secrets.
21. Mock draft - top three from the SEC.
22. Members of the 1996 championship Kentucky squad are reuniting this weekend.
23. The University of Kentucky athletic department is giving $3 million to the school’s academic scholarship fund.
24. David Patrick will join Johnny Jones staff at LSU.
25. Athlon’s preseason 2012 SEC all-conference football teams.
26. “Is frog juice the next big drug scandal in horse racing?”
27. Have you ever considered eating a fish from Lake Michigan? Don’t.