1. Granted this is about pro basketball, but a math geek has found that there are really 13 positions that need to be filled on a hoops team. Interesting and nerdy.
2. The University of Alabama is planning to build a “Champions Plaza” to honor all of its SEC and NCAA title-winning teams and coaches. (And other SEC school will begin planning to follow suit… now.)
3. The accused Auburn shooter appeared in court this morning under heavy security.
4. This writer wants Arkansas’ new “charcoal” uniforms put in a closet. (Silly writer, it’s “anthracite,” doncha know?)
5. TAKE NOTE — Whenever we say schools change uniforms for recruiting purposes, one or two always argue. Well, for those who want to know what recruits like the Razorbacks new duds… all these guys do. (The kids say they’re “sick,” a “big upgrade,” “sweet,” “amazing,” and “easily the best in the country.”)
6. Receiver Chad Bumphis should be a VIP for MSU this fall.
7. Andy Kennedy’s Ole Miss basketball team was recognized by the NCAA for a high APR score.
9. New Florida hoops assistant Rashon Burno will make a $130,000 this year. (What’s it say about coaching salaries that that number actually looks kinda small?)
11. Georgia’s players are sharply focused on the 2012 season.
12. John Calipari says transfer guard Julius Mays can play at either guard spot for Kentucky.
14. ESPN.com’s Chris Low ranks the SEC’s football facilities – from Alabama to Vanderbilt.