1. ESPN’s Mark Schlabach breaks down the playoff battle brewing between Jim Delany and Mike Slive.
2. Could a playoff system really cut the little guys from the little conferences out of the race altogether?
3. This NBA mock draft has the top three players coming from the SEC.
UPDATE — Police now say reports of them raiding the wrong house are inaccurate.
5. This writer says Gene Chizik is the right man to help lead AU through its current tragic crisis.
6. Mark Richt’s new contract at Georgia states: “It is expected that the recruitment of junior college student-athletes will be kept to a minimum…”
7. Andy Staples of SI.com says UGA’s drug policy is noble, but it puts the Dawgs at a disadvantage.
8. Joker Phillips has ended two long Kentucky streaks for futility, but there are still more streaks to snap.
9. Tennessee’s Cuonzo Martin is taking his hoops program to children across the Volunteer State.
10. Vanderbilt’s James Franklin thinks the SEC “is difficult enough” with an eight-game football schedule.
11. According to The Golden Nugget in Las Vegas, Missouri will be an underdog in six of its 12 SEC games this fall.
12. Sad. Just a sad day for sports and news coverage. (Link fixed, sorry.)