1. No surprise — the SEC still leads the way in college football attendance.
2. Under Big Ten commish Jim Delany’s whacked out “Top 6 if You’re a Conference Champ” plan, seven of teams ranked in the Top four would have missed the playoffs in the last nine years. (Anything other than 1-2-3-4 is muddying water that needn’t be muddied.)
3. Alabama’s Nick Saban is looking for depth at quarterback following Phillip Sims’ transfer.
4. Gene Chizik is glad to have more depth on his offensive and defensive lines at Auburn.
5. Chizik and his Tigers will face old coordinator Gus Malzahn, old running back Mike Dyer (if he keeps his nose clearn), and Arkansas State in 2013.
6. Defensive coordinator John Chavis is looking for even more success at LSU.
7. Ex-Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino’s motorcycle is up for auction. (Wonder if Arthur Blank or Tom Jurich or Tommy Tuberville will try to buy it for sentimental reasons.)
8. Razorback hoopster Marshawn Powell’s recovery from knee surgery is on schedule.
9. Mississippi State’s two top coaches are ready to hit the speaking circuit.
10. New Ole Miss AD Ross Bjork says the school did all it could to keep top fundraiser Danny White from leaving. (He’s the new AD at Buffalo.)
11. Facility upgrades and the transition into the SEC will be top priorities for Texas A&M’s next AD.
12. Rival athletic directors are praising Bill Byrne has he heads for the exit at College Station.
13. Florida’s defense is adding bulk.
14. Quarterback Aaron Murray will be among those graduating at Georgia on Friday.
15. Kentucky AD Mitch Barnhart says his school needs to pour $75-100 million into its football program for Commonwealth Stadium upgrades.
16. This writer says there’s nothing out of the ordinary in the Nerlens Noel/NCAA story just yet. (Aside from the fact that the NCAA is asking questions at all.)
17. Ex-South Carolina hoopster will transfer to either Florida or Kansas.
18. Derek Dooley’s new staff is hoping to provide a fresh start at Tennessee.
19. Tulsa point guard Eric McClellan is transferring to Vanderbilt because he like “the overall feel.”
20. Tony Barnhart of CBSSports.com wonders if Missouri could actually win the SEC East this year.