1. When the SEC and Big 12 announced their bowl partnership two weeks ago, it was only a matter of time before Chuck Neinas league sided with the SEC on a playoff format featuring the four best teams in the country, too.
2. After beating up on everyone else, this writer says SEC coaches are now beating up on one another.
3. Arkansas’ John L. Smith wants to be more than an interim coach in Fayetteville.
4. It sounds like the Razorbacks really will be getting some new football uniforms this year.
5. Folks in Oxford believe Hugh Freeze is building Ole Miss football the right way.
6. Florida basketballer Will Yeguete is fully recovered from a fractured foot.
7. Billy Donovan expects one-and-done Gator Bradley Beal to be a top six pick in the NBA draft.
8. Georgia’s AD and coach say even if the league went to a nine-game football schedule, the Georgia Tech game would remain on the Dawgs’ schedule. (Finally, someone in the SEC showing some guts today.)
9. The New Orleans Hornets won the NBA draft lottery last night… and the rights to take Kentucky’s Anthony Davis.
10. The transfer of Damontre Harris from South Carolina to Florida is finally official (even though everyone’s been talking about it for days).
11. Tennessee AD Dave Hart isn’t commenting on a string of burglaries at the Vols’ athletic dorm.
12. Florida’s Donovan says “on paper,” the basketball Vols are “the best team in this league going into this season.” (Has he seen Kentucky’s roster?)
13. Season-ticket sales at Missouri “are as high as they’ve ever been in our history.”