2. Berry Tramel: Plus-one would not be good news for playoff zealots.
3. Mississippi State’s cowbells will be discussed at this week’s spring meetings.
4. New Ole Miss A.D. Ross Bjork won’t be a complete stranger at this weeks’ meetings. He worked for Mizzou A.D. Mike Alden and has developed relationships with a few others.
5. For Missouri this week: ”We’re now getting down to those thousands of little details.”
6. University of Georgia president Michael Adams: “I’m not sure we’ve had a Destin meeting in a long time with as much of a substantive agenda as I expect next week.”
7. Schedules, playoffs, expansion and TV deals are just some of the issues that will be discussed this week.
8. Count on Steve Spurrier to add flavor to this week’s meetings.
9. Outgoing LSU Chancellor Mike Martin: “I will try to make the case” for abandoning permanent opponents.
10. “The first NCAA playoff game in history was born in the Hilton Theater in June of 1991 when then-SEC commissioner Roy Kramer — now known as the father of the BCS — dropped a well concealed bomb.”
11. Georgia wants more students to attend its football games.
12. So why haven’t more Nick Saban’s assistants gone on to glory and success?
13. How will quarterback commitments fit in at Alabama and Auburn?
14. Looking forward to Kentucky football this fall? Here are 10 reasons why you should.
15. John Adams: “The University of Tennessee has become Turnover U.”
16. The search for Jessica Dorrell’s replacement at Arkansas begins.
17. South Carolina’s Damontre Harris will finish his college basketball career at Florida.
18. NBA director of scouting Ryan Blake on Kentucky players in this year’s draft.
19. New LSU basketball coach Johnny Jones is still on the hunt for players: “We’d still like to add a post guy and another combo guard possibly.”
20. “Legalizing sports betting wouldn’t turn it into a billion dollar business because it already is that – and much more.”
21. How Chuck Neinas revived the Big 12.