1. Mike Herndon: “This new game will be a good deal for the SEC, which maintains its spot at the forefront of the sport, but the biggest winner is the Big 12.”
2. Sam Mellinger: “The Big 12 just gained a whole lot of credibility, Missouri’s decision to jump to the SEC just became less reasoned and Kansas’ stance on not playing the Border War just did the same.”
3. Big 12 interim commissioner Chuck Neinas: ”We may not be Facebook but the Big 12 Conference would get a strong buy call from Wall Street today.”
4. Florida State and the Big 12. Best option or only option?
5. Don’t count on Miami having an interest in the Big 12 (last item).
6. Tennessee athletic director Dave Hart: ”I dont think we can allow conference realignment to eliminate tradition.”
7. Kentucky’s Brian Adams is giving up football to focus on baseball.
8. Salaries for LSU assistant football coaches put them among the nation’s elite.
9. Hugh Freeze and Ole Miss are recruiting nationwide. 246 (and counting) offers out to recruits.
10. Georgia’s most important players? Jarvis Jones comes in at No. 6.
11. Breaking down Florida’s defensive line.
12. Big expectations for an incoming trio of basketball players at Kentucky.
13. Did you know there’s a National Association of Sports Public Address Announcers?
14. Bobby Petrino sells an Arkansas home.