2. Status of Jessica Dorrell? “She’s in a safe mode right now.”
3. Kevin Scarbinsky: “Of all the SEC football coaches that preceded Bobby Petrino, who would’ve thought that he had so much in common with Mike DuBose?”
4. Thayer Evans: ”(F)or once it doesn’t look as if Petrino will be able to pull off an about-face, his signature move in the past for covering up his inability to tell the entire truth.”
5. Do college coaches develop an entitlement attitude?
7. Pat Dooley: “We didn’t see anything that made anyone want to pencil in Florida as a top-10 team. But we did see a team that is more physical and deeper.”
8. Will Muschamp: “We’re just better up front. We’re tougher. We’re stronger.”
9. Mike Bianchi: ”Florida fans, like most fans, want to win championships, but if you want to keep them happy in the meantime then give them an offense that’s entertaining.”
10. Kentucky wants La’Rod King to provide leadership at wide receiver for the Wildcats this fall.
11. Vanderbilt’s offense struggles in a 54-play scrimmage on Saturday.
12. Have Tyler Bray and Da’Rick Rogers matured at Tennessee?
13. Alabama players now understand Nick Saban’s message - focus on playing to a high standard.
15. For Mississippi State in 2012 – quarterback Tyler Russell is the man.
16. Nick Brasell’s practice status for Ole Miss this week will be determined at an academic meeting on Monday.
17. Early enrollment has increasing appeal for recruits at Georgia.
18. Corey Moore is making noise in the Bulldogs secondary.
19. Georgia’s defense looks to be highly ranked in 2012 but will a fall-off occur in 2013?
20. Fort-Worth Star Telegram says current LSU coach Trent Johnson will be introduced at a news conference Monday afternoon as the new man in charge at TCU.
21. Glenn Guilbeau: ”This could truly be an amicable divorce.”
22. A John Calipari critic is coming around: ”I’m gaining much more grudging respect for him.”
23. Is it realistic to think UK can catch UCLA?
24. The future of college football’s postseason plans will be on the agenda for discussion later this month.