3. Gene Chizik’s reaction to Auburn’s A-Day game? ”I wouldn’t pay attention to any of the stats today.”
4. Auburn’s starting quarterback? ”The writing appears to be on the wall…”
5. Who’s the bigger star at Auburn – Bo Jackson or Cam Newton?
6. What did Steve Spurrier think of the South Carolina spring game? “We obviously threw the ball and caught better than we have in any spring game. I thought our coverage could’ve been better.”
7. USC running back Marcus Lattimore on his injured leg: “I have complete confidence in it [the knee] right now.”
9. Alabama will be good in 2012 – but how good?
11. Can we expect the Wildcat formation to be a staple at Vanderbilt?
12. Arkansas running back Knile Davis on the Bobby Petrino firing: “Some days I wake up and I’m like, ‘Is this really happening?’
13. Tyler Wilson on Petrino: He ”instilled the ideas and philosophies and if we can continue those we’re going to be a heck of a football team.”
14. Kentucky offensive coordinator Randy Sanders likes his collection of running backs.
16. Keep your eye on Mississippi State’s Malcom Johnson – expected to be one of the centerpieces of the Bulldogs offense this fall.
17. Ole Miss quarterbacks stand out during Saturday’s scrimmage.
18. Who’s the favorite to win the quarterback job at Texas A&M?
19. What did we learn from LSU football this spring? Some answers and some more questions.
20. Jon Gruden on the state of the game: “I talked to [former Miami Dolphins coaching legend] Don Shula a few months ago. He says he doesn’t even recognize the game anymore. The message is clear: Football’s changing. And if it hasn’t already, it will be coming to your high school this fall.”
21. Joe Dean on new LSU basketball coach Johnny Jones: ”It’s a cultural thing, and Johnny understands that, having worked under Dale Brown. I think Trent didn’t understand the culture.”
22. Jones was not the first choice at LSU - but he could be the right one.
23. Tons of change at most basketball programs in the SEC but at Tennessee? “(T)here’s barely a breeze.”
24. UK broadcaster Tom Leach on getting a championship call just right. “Here’s how you count to eight. Three, two one …”
25. A longtime sportswriter in the Magnolia State says farewell.