2. Kentucky’s next opponent – Baylor – looks an awful lot like the Wildcats.
3. The only thing standing between the Florida Gators and the Final Four is the Louisville Cardinals.
4. Louisville assistant Richard Pitino (Rick’s son) has a unique perspective on the game since he also worked for Billy Donovan. . “I look at Billy almost like, not a father, but a brother or an uncle.”
5. Mike Bianchi: “Billy Basketball is the greatest coach the Gators have ever had. …”
6. Florida has been on the road now for 11 straight days.
9. John Feinstein: “…a bubbling sense among those in college basketball that officiating in the NCAA tournament has been less-than-perfect this season.”
10. Texas A&M’s entry to the SEC means more money on charter travel – an extra $1 million in the budget – and the end of the rivalry with Texas. ” It turns out they didn’t think we were as much of a rival as we thought of them.”
11. Do Nick Saban and his assistant coaches need a pay raise?
12. Alabama’s defensive line needs a new anchor.
15. Spring practice gets underway at Mississippi State: “We’re all hungry and ready to go get it.”
16. The Hugh Freeze era gets underway at Ole Miss: ”I want the kids to laugh. I want them to enjoy being out there. That is a priority.”
17. Florida’s first major scrimmage of the spring is this morning.
18. Tennessee’s new tight ends/special teams coach has converted his football knowledge into a digital app.
19. Vanderbilt has competition for starting spots in the secondary.
20. South Carolina expects to see an improved Jadeveon Clowney this fall.
21. LSU conducts its final significant spring scrimmage today before next weekend’s spring game.. QB Zach Mettenberger is showing his toughness.
22. Arkansas AD Jeff Long: “We are working hard to overcome any disadvantages Arkansas might have in competing in the SEC and we’re working to make this the best program we can possibly be.”
23. When it comes to football recruiting, the Big 10 is gaining ground on the SEC.
24. 11 former SEC players are on the College Football Hall of Fame ballot.