2. Vandy is one of only three teams in the country to hit a 3-point shot in every game it has played since the rule started in the 1986-87 season.
3. Ole Miss 77 – Tennessee 72 (OT). Rebels score on eight of nine possessions in overtime. Ole Miss coach Andy Kennedy: “I don’t know if I’ve been more proud of a group.” Did the Vols tournament bubble just burst?
6. Compared to last year’s team, has this year’s Alabama squad done enough to deserve a tournament bid? “This team has suffered more leading up to Selection Sunday but also has accomplished more.”
7. Kentucky 60 – LSU 51. Terrance Jones scores nine straight in the second half, ends with 15 points and 11 rebounds. LSU coach Trent Johnson: “That’s not a good basketball team that beat us, that’s a great team.”
8. 18 turnovers for the Wildcats – did the Tigers find a flaw in Kentucky? “UK doesn’t have a viable backup behind Teague, that might be the one chink in the Wildcats’ armor when the offense sputters.”
9. “One hundred of Division I’s 336 teams will get in the NCAA and NIT fields combined. LSU deserves to be one of them.”
10. Big Blue Nation always shows up but what about LSU? “LSU is 80 miles up the road — and there might have been 80 LSU fans in the arena.”
11. The Varez Ward point-shaving investigation: “Betting data from Las Vegas and offshore sports books continue to show no hint of abnormalities in Auburn’s games this year, supporting the theory that the FBI’s investigation is centered locally.”
12. Rick Stansbury on his Mississippi State team: ”Are we the best team in the country? No. But we’re darn sure one of the 68 best.”
13. Stansbury again: “I don’t pay any attention to what you guys write or what y’all say. Joe Lunardi is the guy that has a better feel than anybody in this whole thing.
15. Jay Bilas on the state of play in college basketball: ”The teams at the top are good … I don’t know that they are historically great.”
16. Alabama lineman Barrett Jones is moving from left tackle to center.
17. Class of 2013 the year of the quarterback?