1. Alabama won at Arkansas last night without three of its best players. (Anthony Grant’s tough disciplinary stance seems to be paying off or his suddenly tough Tide.)
2. Trevor Lacey went down just 10 minutes into last night’s game with an ankle injury.
3. Arkansas is just 1-5 during its current late-season slide.
4. LSU players know their tournament future is riding on a road trip to Ole Miss tomorrow.
5. Florida’s Will Yeguete will have a screw inserted into his broken left foot today.
6. Gator footballers are going from speed-first training to Olympic-style power work.
7. Georgia receiver Malcolm Mitchell will “experiment” at cornerback this spring.
8. Mitchell’s expanded role is part of Mark Richt’s focus on versatility.
9. Kentucky’s mission tomorrow: Defend super Vandy shooter John Jenkins.
10. Tennessee’s Jeronne Maymon stepped up his effort against Ole Miss on Wednesday.
11. Think Maryland regrets bringing in Randy Edsall instead of promoting James Franklin as was initially the plan?
12. Vandy’s Kevin Stallings says Kentucky’s second half at MSU this week was “about the most impressive thing I’ve seen in college basketball this year.” (Guess he doesn’t read Thayer Evans.)