1. Steve Spurrier fires his safeties coach.
2. Tennessee confirms the hiring of its new special teams/tight ends coach.
3. Georgia’s recruitment of two high-profile tailbacks means Isaiah Crowell will face competition in the fall.
4. Sporting News ranks the recruiting classes.
5. One of the top defensive line recruits in the country has already enrolled at Mississippi State.
6. Has former Florida Gator Janoris Jenkins really changed? NFL teams are hoping to find out.
7. Mel Kiper thinks former Gator Chris Rainey has a shot at landing in the first round of the NFL draft.
8. Former Alabama center William Vlachos is the smallest offensive lineman at the Senior Bowl but he’s had an edge in practice this week.
9. Several former SEC stars will be on display this afternoon.
10. Jon Solomon: “Recruiting rankings matter. Until they don’t.”
11. Arkansas at Alabama. One of these streaks ends today: Arkansas is 0-5 away from Bud Walton Arena; Alabama has lost four in a row.
12. “Anthony Grant and Mike Anderson are near mirror images of one another when it comes to style of play, in particular on defense. ”
13. David Knox: “Odds favor the Crimson Tide.”
14. Middle Tennessee State at Vanderbilt. Surprising Blue Raiders are 20-2 on the season.
15. Mississippi State at Florida. Bulldogs know they have a battle against the nation’s top three-point shooting team. Even with his ankle healing, Patric Young may still come off the bench as the schedule for the Gators gets tougher.
17. LSU is 3-14 all-time against No. 1 ranked teams.
18. Why is Kentucky basketball always on TV? John Calipari: “We rate the highest in the country. … Everybody wants to see us.”
22. Tebowmania. How much of a role did ESPN play in spreading the craze?
23. Why Craig James is the most hated man in West Texas.
24. Joe Nocera: “(E)ven mighty Harvard won’t stand up to the N.C.A.A.”