2. Florida vs. Ohio State in the Gator Bowl. Gators say Urban Meyer represents the past. Time to move on.
4. The Gator Bowl wants to keep the SEC-Big Ten rivalry.
5. Is New York Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer a candidate at Florida?
6. Georgia vs. Michigan State in the Outback Bowl.” The three times Georgia had a chance to make a statement, it made the wrong one.”
7. An important day for Bulldogs running back Isaiah Crowell. ”This will be the final chance on the field for Crowell.”
8. Mark Bradley: “All things considered, you’d rather be Georgia than Florida or Tennessee or even South Carolina today.”
9. South Carolina vs. Nebraska in the Capital One Bowl. Gamecocks wide receivers expect man-to-man coverage.
10. This time it’s different? Gamecocks taking bowl game seriously.
11. South Carolina’s success brings back memories of 1984.
12. Mississippi State wide receiver Chad Bumphis arrested for disorderly conduct and public drunkenness. He says he was “attacked with bottles.”
13. Win the ground game – win the national title. ”Only twice in the 13-year BCS era has a team won the national title game and lost the rushing stat.”
14. A turning point in the first Alabama-LSU matchup? When Alabama’s Marquis Maze turned his ankle.
15. Nick Saban on LSU punter Brad Wing: ”I think that he, you could argue, (is) maybe the best punter in the country.”
16. Nine fifth-year seniors on the LSU team watched the 2008 national championship game from the sidelines in street clothes.
17. Arkansas arrives in Dallas for Friday’s Cotton Bowl.
19. Dennis Dodd on the changing landscape of college sports: “Everything you watch and hear is about to be new in the second decade of the 21st century.”
20. The Omaha World-Herald on the changing landscape of college football: During a 10-season span from 1985-94, the SEC produced one team — one! — that finished top-3 in the AP poll. The past five years, it has produced eight; all other conferences combined have seven. And that’s before LSU and Alabama finish top-3 this year.
21. John Clay on Kentucky-Louisville: “When was it conceivable that Rick Pitino could lose six of eight games to his most important rival?”
22. The Tennessee basketball team looks to stretch its winning streak to four game tonight against Chattanooga.
23. LSU faces a mirror-image team in Virginia tonight – a team on a long winning-streak that plays strong defense.
24. Auburn faces Bethune-Cookman tonight.
25. Vanderbilt is at home against Miami-Ohio.
27. Former LSU and current Green Bay backup QB Matt Flynn throw six touchdown passes.