3. Sunseri’s son Vinnie is staying put: ”The University of Alabama is the place for me and that is what my heart and my mind tells me.”
5. Quarterback Hutson Mason will stay at Georgia and redshirt.
7. Coach Mark Richt addresses the “easy” 2012 schedule.
8. Hugh Freeze’s first Ole Miss staff is now complete.
10. South Carolina defensive tackle Byron Jerideau arrested Friday morning.
11. More than 50 SEC Seniors will participate in Post-Season All-Star games.
13. LSU backup QB Jarrett Lee suddenly has a busy schedule.
14. Arkansas football has hired a director of high school relations.
15. Jon Solomon: “College football may finally be closing in on a compromise fans should love.”
16. Jeff Schultz has his own plan: “After the New Year’s bowls, the panel selects the two best teams for the championship game.”
17. Bama will celebrate its national championship one week from today.
18. What’s the future of the two bowl games in Orlando?
19. Lowest GPA among all Kentucky athletic teams? Football.
20. Kentucky at Tennessee. Coming off a Thursday night game means the Vols have little time for rest or preparation for their rivals.
21. Jerry Tipton on Cuonzo Martin: “Martin is the anti-Pearl. Pearl is the promoter, the Orange sports coat, the bare-chested attendee at a Lady Vols game. Martin does not even crack a smile on the official photo on the UT basketball Web site.”
22. Gary Parrish on Kentucky’s Michael Kidd-Gilchrist: “He needs to snap out of it Saturday to ensure the No. 2 Wildcats don’t get caught at Tennessee.”
23. Halfway through the schedule, Kentucky freshman Anthony Davis could break the school record today for single season blocked shots.
24. Auburn at Ole Miss today as the Tigers attempt to win their first conference game.
25. Alabama at Mississippi State. Is the Bulldogs Dee Bost back on course?
26. Ole Miss at Auburn. The Rebels were exposed without Murphy Holloway. Does his return mean a surge in wins?
28. LSU at Arkansas. Can the Tigers handle the Razorbacks full-court press?
29. St. John’s guard Nurideen Lindsey is transferring to Arkansas.
31. The marketing impact of Tim Tebow wearing your product. “When Tim wore our beanie the other day for an interview, we saw a 500 percent increase in our web traffic immediately. Literally immediately.”
32. NCAA considers cutting football scholarships from 85 to 80.