2. Injured when Alabama beat Texas for a national championship, defensive lineman Damion Square knows this time around is his chance to shine.
3. LSU kicker Drew Alleman and Alabama punter Cody Mandell were high school teammates.
4. It will cost about a million dollars to get both the LSU and Alabama marching bands to New Orleans.
5. The tab for Florida’s Gator Bowl expenses will come to right around $1.5 million.
6. Auburn’s Devaunte Siglar “looks like a different guy” after moving to defensive end.
7. Arkansas wide receiver Greg Childs doesn’t think a diminished senior season will dim his NFL prospects.
8. Cincinnati’s dual-threat quarterbacks present a challenge for the Vanderbilt defense.
9. Mark Richt: “I think it would be interesting to rotate some of the BCS (bowl) games…”
10. Georgia 64 – Furman 50. Game-high 17 points for Kentavious Caldwell-Pope - eighth time he’s lead the team in scoring this year.
11. Long Beach State 64 – Auburn 43. Tigers drop to 8-2 following a semifinal loss at the Diamondhead Classic in Honolulu.
12. Tennessee 66 – ETSU 63. Late run gives the Vols their first back-to-back victories since opening the season 2-0.
13. The Vols will add a prized recruit to their roster in January.
14. Mike Strange: “UT wasn’t supposed to win this recruiting battle in Martin’s first year.”
15. Penn State would love to get Boise State coach Chris Peterson.
16. Penn State fans send hate mail to Bobby Bowden.
17. Sign of the times – college players take to Twitter to announce their departures for the NFL.
18. A Christmas Eve Saturday full of NFL games.