just another petty revenge attempt by ron morris aka the writer spurrier cut off at the presser earlier this year. nothing more. ellington will do what he wants but he realize football is the big thing at usc not our god awful basketball team.
1. While a number of Alabama juniors might consider an early jump to the NFL, right tackle DJ Fluker says he’ll be back in Tuscaloosa next year.
2. Auburn running back Onterio McCalebb might think about turning pro early.
3. Tony Barbee hopes his team’s light early-season schedule — the Tigers have played just five games to date — will pay off in the long run.
4. New Arkansas defensive coordinator Paul Haynes thinks his philosophy meshes well with Bobby Petrino’s. (Looks like a really sharp hire by the Razorbacks, by the way. If UA gets a defense… look out.)
5. LSU tailback Spencer Ware hasn’t been as involved in the Tiger offense since his suspension for the Auburn game.
6. It’s official, Matt Luke is returning to Ole Miss to coach the Rebels’ offensive line.
7. Seventeenth-ranked MSU will be aiming for revenge when they face Florida Atlantic tonight… a team that beat the Dogs last season.
8. This writer has five tips for how Florida can improve its chances of winning the Gator Bowl (and avoiding the school’s first losing season since 1979).
9. Senior center Ben Jones was voted Georgia’s most valuable player this season.
10. From the folks in the stands to Dick Vitale, everyone’s wondering what was wrong with Kentucky’s Terrence Jones in Saturday’s loss to Indiana.
11. The battle over Rupp Arena rolls on… and now there’s a debate over who’ll pay for whatever is finally done on that site.
12. This writer believes Bruce Ellington should pick basketball over football at South Carolina next year.
13. A look at the contracts of Tennessee’s assistant football coaches reveals that coordinators Justin Wilcox and Jim Chaney each have million-dollar buyouts.