1. For the first time in three years, the Heisman Trophy will reside outside the state of Alabama.
2. Alabama’s Trent Richardson finishes third in the Heisman balloting. ”If not for LSU, Richardson would’ve been the best player on the best team in the country.”
3. LSU’s Tyrann Mathieu finishes fifth. Sophomore faced long odds – only three of them have won the award in 75 years.
4. Twelfth time the SEC has had two of the top five.
5. The voting totals.
6. Heisman winner Robert Griffin III on the comparisons to Tim Tebow: ”One kid asked me to Tebow with him a couple of weeks ago,” Griffin said.
7. Alabama offensive coordinator Jim McElwain pulls out of consideration for the Fresno State job.
8. What does new Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze talk about in his pre-game chats? “He’ll tell a lot of Old Testament stories out of the Bible.”
9. Mississippi State quarterback Dylan Favre is transferring.
10. Mark Richt: “I’ve said many times Georgia is the place I want to be as long as Georgia will have me.”
11. Georgia AD Greg McGarity on the SEC 2012 football schedule: ”Well, we meet in Birmingham (this) week.” On going to a 9-game conference schedule: ”That has not even been discussed, and I don’t think it will even be brought back up.”
12. New assistants at Florida won’t be hired until after the bowl game.
13. Kentucky seniors stand behind Joker Phillips.
14. Ten SEC players on the Football Writers All-American team.
15. 3,500 attend memorial service for Larry Munson.
16. Austin Peay 74 – Tennessee 70. The Governors rally late to beat the Vols in Knoxville – hit last seven shots. Tennessee turns the ball over 18 times.
17. Mike Strange: “I imagine coach Cuonzo Martin’s honeymoon is over among a fair portion of Tennessee fans.”
19. Ole Miss 80 – Mississippi Valley State 56. Freshman LaDarius White makes his debut – scores 16.
20. Mississippi State 106 – Troy 68. Bulldogs tie a school record for 3-pointers. Make 16-of-31 on the night.
21. LSU 64 – Boise 45. Once again, the Tigers win by holding an opponent to less than 60 points.
22. Indiana 73 – Kentucky 72. 3-point buzzer beater for the Hoosiers sends the Wildcats home with their first loss of the season.
23. Career lows in shots, points and rebounds for Terrance Jones. ”He absolutely gave us a zero today,” said John Calipari.
25. Kevin Sumlin and Texas A&M make it official.
26. Refs cut short Xavier-Cincinnati basketball game after bench-clearing brawl.