LSU 42 – Georgia 10
1. Failing to get a first-half first down, the Tigers steamroll another opponent in the second half.
2. LSU defense sacks Aaron Murray four times – holds the Bulldogs to 78 rushing yards.
3. Tigers win despite throwing for only 30 yards. Jordan Jefferson completed five passes.
4. Once again, the LSU offense gets a kick start from Tyrann Mathieu. Does he deserve Heisman consideration?
5. Denis Dodd: “With apologies to Robert Griffin III, LSU’s sophomore might have provided as big a Heisman Moment as there has been on the last Saturday in recent years.”
6. Matt Hayes: “The smallest player on the field just keeps playing bigger and bigger.”
7. Jeff Schultz: “A 10-0 lead against No. 1 just isn’t good enough when it should be 21-0.”
8. Mark Bradley: “What transpired Saturday night beneath the Georgia Dome was truly breathtaking, and I mean that literally: You could see the air — and the life — sucked from the buoyant Bulldogs.”
9. Georgia’s most likely landing spot looks to be the Outback Bowl.
The BCS Debate
10. Who’s No. 2? Here’s how some people plan to vote.
11. Barry Tramel: “In a 44-10 Bedlam smackdown Saturday night, the Cowboys announced they are Big Bowl worthy. ”
12. Mike Gundy following Oklahoma State’s win over Oklahoma: “There’s no question Oklahoma State should be No. 2 right now, no question.”
13. Kevin Scarbinsky: “If they do the right thing, if this is still tackle football, it’ll be Alabama vs. LSU one more time.”
14. Stewart Mandel: “The SEC has earned the right to go for a sixth straight crown. The Cowboys have earned the opportunity to represent the rest of the field.”
15. Chris DuFresne: “Is it time for a rematch, or time to reconsider?”
16. Ivan Maisel: “If the debate comes down to which team is better, Alabama will win it. If it comes down to which team had a better record, Oklahoma State has the data on its side.”
17. Dan Wetzel: Rejection of Mike Slive’s “Plus -One” plan has us in the mess we’re in today.
18. Sporting News BCS bowl projections.
19. Orlando Sentinel bowl projections.
20. Rivals bowl projections.
21. Jerry Palm’s projected BCS standings.