LSU 9 – Alabama 6 (OT)
1. Game of the century a defensive grudgematch – Tigers solidify hold on No. 1 spot.
2. First all-field goal game for LSU since 1979.
3. Alabama kickers 2-for-6 on the night. Drew Alleman was 3-for-3.
4. LSU had 239 yards of offense. Jordan Jefferson accounted for 110 of them.
5. Alabama had the total yard advantage but LSU outgained Crimson Tide on the ground.
6. LSU AD Joe Alleva: “The two best teams in the country. The two best defenses in the country.”
7. Randy Kennedy: “LSU won in overtime, but Alabama lost the game with missed opportunities in the first half.”
Miles vs. Saban
8. Jon Solomon: With 52 seconds left in the game, why was Saban content to play for overtime?
9. Kevin Scarbinsky: “Take your hat off to the Hat. He now has the inside track to his second national title, and he earned it by staring down Nick Saban and his statue.”
10. Jen Floyd Engel: “The worst coach on the field was not the worst coach after all.”
11. Dan Wetzel: “It’s Nick Saban that’s supposed to win these kinds of games.”
12. Here’s what has to happen for Alabama to have a chance.
13. Gene Wojciechowski: “These two teams deserve a BCS championship rematch like Kim Kardashian deserves to keep her wedding gifts.”
14. Dennis Dodd: “Considering the offensive clumsiness, no mas, no rematch, no way.”
15. Pat Forde: “Because the margin between the two was so thin…the possibility of a BCS title game rematch is real.”
16. Matt Hayes: If you think you’re sick of the SEC winning it all the last five seasons, wait until the rest of the nation is boxed out of the biggest game of the year.”