Arkansas at Vanderbilt
1. Vanderbilt’s secondary knows it will be tested
2. “The lesson is you can always expect the unexpected in the SEC.”
3. So why is Arkansas just a 9 1/2 point favorite at Vandy today?
Georgia vs Florida
4. After three weeks of rehab, Florida QB John Brantley is ready to go.
5. Those who played with Will Muschamp at Georgia are conflicted about their former teammate.5.
6. For a lot of reasons, Florida needs a victory today.
7. As you might expect, the view from the other side is that Georgia has the most to lose or gain today.
9. Dennis Dodd: ”It’s official — the LSU-Alabama bye week has overshadowed the Cocktail Party.”
Ole Miss at Auburn
10. Ole Miss is the only team in the league shutout when it comes to player of the week honors in the SEC.
11. Is this one the “gotcha” game?
12. Watch the matchup between Auburn punter Steven Clark vs. Ole Miss return man Jeff Scott.
Mississippi State at Kentucky
13. Expect a low scoring game as both teams seek their first SEC win this year.
14. “Blackout” game tonight in Lexington as the Wildcats know they need a victory to keep alive their chances of going to a sixth straight bowl game.
15. Mississippi State’s defensive line will be a test for Kentucky’s injury-free O-line.
16. When it comes to the matchups, the Bulldogs have several advantages.
South Carolina at Tennessee
18. This is ” perhaps the last realistic opportunity of the season, for Dooley to get his first marquee Southeastern Conference win.”
19. South Carolina freshman running back Brandon Wilds was once fifth-string. He’s now the starter.