LSU has reached the top spot in the BCS rankings despite becoming Team Turmoil for the 2011 season.
* An offensive coordinator diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease
* A bar brawl before the season
* Two players — including the starting quarterback — arrested due to the brawl
* NCAA probation handed down
* More NCAA questions asked about street-agent Willie Lyles
And now — if LSU’s student newspaper has got the story right – two key starters suspended for failing drug tests.
The Daily Reveille reported this afternoon that bruising tailback Spencer Ware and star cornerback Tyrann Mathieu will be suspended for Saturday’s game with Auburn “after reportedly failing a drug test” according to a source.
LSU officials neither confirmed nor denied the report.
According to the paper, “The suspensions could turn into multiple-game suspensions as well.”