Auburn 42 – Utah State 38
1. Quarterback Barrett Trotter leads the late comeback.
2. Gene Chizik: ”That performance today on offense and defense won’t win us very many games.”
3. Kevin Scarbinsky: “If you need two touchdowns sandwiched around an onside kick in the final 3½ minutes to deliver yourselves from Utah State, there’s a very good chance it’s going to be a very long season.”
4. With one play, true freshman quarterback Kiehl Frazier burns his redshirt.
Alabama 48 – Kent State 7
5. Quarterback battle upstaged by defense.
6. Jon Solomon: (A)t some point, Alabama has to choose one quarterback with one voice, right?
7. Seven true freshmen see action.
8. Backups outshine Trent Richardson. Sophomores Eddie Lacy and Jalston Fowler both reach the end zone.
BYU 14 – Ole Miss 13
9. For the second consecutive year, a late collapse in the season opener.
10. Ole Miss offensive coordinator David Lee: ” We lost it on offense.”
11. Rick Cleveland: “Devastating. That’s the one word that describes this Ole Miss defeat.”
Arkansas 51 – Missouri State 7
13. Matt Jones: “If speed is lethal, Arkansas was a killer Saturday night. ”