LSU 40 – Oregon 27
1. Les Miles: “The defense played spectacularly.”
2. LSU’s thirty-fourth consecutive victory against a non-conference opponent – longest streak in the country.
3. Scott Rabalais: (W)ith Nike’s Phil Knight watching, it was a dark night for Oregon…”
4. Dennis Dodd: “Judging by Saturday, LSU defensive coordinator John Chavis barely paused for breath in the offseason in assembling this defense.”
5. Pat Forde: ”The Ducks can frazzle and fatigue a defense, then just flat run away from it. Unless it’s an elite SEC defense.”
6. Stewart Mandel: (M)ake no mistake about it, the fourth-ranked Tigers’ season-opening statement had Miles’ hatprints all over it
Boise State 35 – Georgia 21
7. Seventh loss for Georgia in last eight games against a ranked opponent.
9. Isaiah Crowell’s Georgia debut – 15 carries for 60 yards.
10. Brandon Boykin delivers postgame message to team.
11. Tony Barnhart: “Boise State pretty much kicked Georgia’s butt in front of the home folks who got out of the Georgia Dome pretty quickly.”
12. Andy Staples: “Since I’m a card-carrying Internet writer, this is the part where I’m supposed to call for Georgia athletic director Greg McGarity to fire Mark Richt and then have Richt deported. But I won’t do that.”