1. Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott: ”Our hope is that there is no expansions and all conferences that are at 12 stay at 12.”
2. Georgia president Michael Adams doesn’t think 16-team super-conferences are inevitable: “The Big Ten has said publicly that they’re happy with life as it is (with 12 teams). The Pac-12 has not quite said it that way,” Adams said, offering a smile with the last sentence. “I think some of the reports have gotten ahead of the reality.”
3. The ACC may raise the buyout to leave the league.
4. Documents show LSU QB Jordan Jefferson denied “any involvement in the altercation” that led to his suspension.
5. Jon Solomon: “Cam Newton’s legislative legacy continues.”
7. Tony Barnhart: “Will this be Joe Paterno’s last game against Alabama?”
8. Crunching the numbers on Week 2 in the SEC.
9. TV schedule for Saturday college football.
10. Probably not a good place to wear your Bears jersey. Baylor purchases only 830 tickets for Texas A&M game.