Looking at some of the SEC-centric writing from around the nation this morning, expansion continues to be the hottest topic out there. But this is the SEC we’re talking about, so naturally there are new accusations, allegations and rumors surrounding the football programs at Auburn and Alabama. We’ve thrown those in at the bottom.
1. Ex-Florida State coach Bobby Bowden said this weekend that he would be “shocked” if FSU switched conferences.
2. Some Georgia football assistants with ties to Florida State and Virginia Tech talked expansion this weekend.
3. Si.com’s Andy Staples reaffirms the belief that the SEC did not slam the door on A&M… it just slowed the process down.
4. CBSSports.com’s Dennis Dodd says A&M should still be embarrassed this morning.
5. Pete Fiutak of Scout.com says fans should want superconferences.
6. Orangebloods.com — the Rivals site covering the University of Texas — claims that the SEC and A&M will announce a union with 21 days.
7. SportsByBrooks.com is still showing photos of Alabama football players dining with the owner of T-Town Menswear.
8. OutkickTheCoverage.com reports that USA Today oddsmaker Danny Sheridan claims he knows the name of the alleged bagman in the Auburn/Cam Newton scandal. Naturally, Sheridan promises to reveal more on Paul Finebaum’s radio show this week.