As a 62 yr old grad of A&M, I think it is time for us to do the right thing for A&M instead of Texas or the state thereof. So many outsiders think that Texas is the only great school here, but they are terribly wrong. A move to the SEC will showcase Texas A&M and leave Texas with the mess they have created. I have stood up as the 12th man at many A&M games and stand up with all Aggie supporters in this needed move.
1. Alabama running back Eddie Lacy is called “Feets” and “Circle Button” by the teammates because he has “the nastiest spin move ever.”
2. Bama is still paying ex-coaches Mark Gottfried and Mike Shula.
3. There are still plenty of wide open spots on Auburn’s depth chart.
4. Ronnie Wingo and Dennis Johnson are ready to step up and try to replace Knile Davis at Arkansas.
5. This writer says Zach Mettenberger’s presence at LSU could make starting quarterback Jordan Jefferson play better.
6. The SEC has hit the expansion pause button.
7. This writer says expansion is delayed, not dead…
8. But this columnist believes Texas A&M has been scorned and they’ll be looking for vengeance when they face Arkansas this year.
9. Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com says superconferences would be bad for college basketball.