1. South Carolina wide receiver Bryce Sherman quits the team.
2. Why Alabama freshman Brent Calloway has yet to enroll.
3. Kentucky football players can’t escape the voice of co-defensive coordinator Rick Minter.
4. When it comes to college sports scandals, it’s not the crime – it’s the cover-up.
5. LSU quarterback Jordan Jefferson looks ahead: ”We’ve got a great concept built for Oregon.”
6. New Mississippi State linebacker Brandon Maye made the mistake of wearing Clemson gear the first day in the locker room. “Players promptly shredded the bright orange apparel, tossed it in the garbage can and provided him with the proper MSU workout attire.”
8. The state of Florida’s six bowl games.
9. Former LSU halfback Jerry Stovall set for Hall of Fame enshrinement
10. Former Alabama quarterback Vince Sutton waits for a kidney transplant.
12. Jon Solomon: “One of the best, underappreciated television dramas signs off this Friday.”
13. A green jacket that could be worth $100,000.