It's all about the NCAA's arbitrary, capricious and selective enforcement. Keep in mind that, while UK was not accused of violating any specific NCAA rule, the Chair of the COI (the MEAC's Dennis Thomas) threatened to summon Kentucky before the Committee on Infractions if they didn't change things to the NCAA's satisfaction.
So far, various folks have discovered erroneous/non-compliant treatment of vacated wins by:
* Alabama football (Saban's bio/record)
* Florida Atlantic basketball (Mike Jarvis' bio/record)
* San Diego State (Steve Fisher's bio/record, plus celebrating "400th win" last season)
* Mountain West Conference (press release congratulating Fisher and repeating wrong coaching record)
* Western Kentucky basketball (media guide documents 1971 Final Four without documenting its vacation by NCAA)
* Florida A&M football (statistics, coaching record)
* Savannah State football (ditto)
* Morgan State basketball (Todd Bozeman's bio/record)
The last three are MEAC schools.
The NCAA will regret opening this can of worms, and I'm betting that every NCAA member school will be reviewing and sanitizing their websites and media guides next week...