The link in the Story about MSU's defensive depth chart is actually to a story about Ole Miss. Shame, shame.......
1. Ryan Mallett missed meetings with the Carolina Panthers this month due to an illness, not a late night of partying.
2. This writer believes Mallett — who some have compared to Eminem and Vanilla Ice — “seems to be a target” rather than a prospect as the NFL draft nears.
3. Some Hog fans have put up a billboard thanking Bobby Petrino “FOR BRINGING WINNING & EXCITEMENT BACK TO RAZORBACK FOOTBALL.”
4. Ole Miss has hired a company to produce a feasibility study that will help the school plan for a new basketball arena.
5. The Rebels’ running backs figure to get a lot of work this fall.
6. Mississippi State has launched the largest athletic fundraising campaign in the school’s history.
7. Dan Mullen told The Jackson Clarion-Ledger that he “could absolutely say that Tyler Russell could be our starter.” (We believe that’s a motivational ploy for Russell and projected starter Chris Relf.)
8. Here are some of the players Mullen said stood out this spring.
9. And here’s one writer’s guess as to what MSU’s defensive depth chart looks like post-spring.