And the SOUTH is the "Bible Belt"? How much more petty and un-Christian can you get than the GREAT SEC and their mud-slinging? Tennessee and Alabama are the worst of the bunch. I would love to see them "do-each-other-in"!! Or, if not that, maybe the NCAA needs to "do-in" the SEC!!!!! Talk about "screwed-up" priorities! (and on all sides-Ihope you "big-shot" liars get your come-uptance)
If you read this site regularly, you know that we have time and again said that the SEC is entering a danger zone when it comes to NCAA accusations. Mike Slive has said on occasion that only the SEC can stop the SEC. That appears to be happening.
Today, Jeffrey Lee of AuburnSports.com — the Rivals site covering AU — went on Mobile, Alabama radio station WNSP-FM and accused Alabama of buying recent signee Brent Calloway.
Lee has posted online a number of bulletpoints that are circulating on SEC messageboards this morning. Those points include:
* A supporter of Alabama took Calloway to Tuscaloosa multiple times including the weekend prior to national signing day.
* The supporter allegedly then drove Calloway out of state and kept him there until he returned to his hometown of Russellville, Alabama on signing day.
* Before Calloway’s final trip to Tuscaloosa pre-signing day, the Bama supporter allegedly made cash payments to Harland “Peaches” Winston who is Calloway’s adoptive father.
* Winston supposedly received $2,500 from the Bama fan on at least one occasion.
* Supposedly, Winston also received aid in catching up on his home mortgage.
* The fan also allegedly provided Calloway with a new car that the player drove to school. Supposedly enough questions were asked about the car that it was returned on the same day.
* Allegedly, the car was purchased by the Bama supporter from a dealership in Muscle Shoals owned by yet another Alabama supporter.
* Supposedly, the supporter told Calloway that he would receive $1,200 per month while playing at Alabama.
Calloway’s recruitment was a soap opera from the get-go. The player even claimed to have received death threats.
Calloway was a four-star outside linebacker prospect who was ranked the fifth best linebacker in the country and the 38th best player in the nation by Rivals.com.
Stay tuned… you can be sure you’ll hear a lot more about this one. Great. Another off-field scandal.