Shaw Replaces Redding As Coordinator Of SEC Officials

Yesterday, Rogers Redding was named college football’s national coordinator by the board of managers for the College Football Officiating, LLC.

Redding’s move from the SEC’s top cop to his new position left a vacancy in Birmingham.  And that vacancy has now been filled.

Steve Shaw was announced today as the SEC new coordinator of officials.  Shaw is an SEC officiating vet with more than 15 years of service.

“Steve is considered one of the finest officials in the nation,” commissioner Mike Slive said in a release.  “We are pleased to have someone of Steve’s extensive experience and knowledge to coordinate the conference’s football officiating.  His appointment to succeed Rogers was done with the unanimous support of the conference’s athletics directors.”

Shaw was initially noticed years ago by longtime SEC official Dick Burleson while officiating Burleson’s grandson’s pee-wee game.  “He was officiating like it was the Super Bowl.”

We wish Shaw the best in his new position.  He’s gone from a thankless job to a really thankless job.  Now he’ll answer for everyone’s bang-bang judgement calls.

Personally, I’d rather give up my spleen.

That said, here’s everything some of you conspiracy theorists will want to know about Shaw — he’s a Bama grad.

1. Hot Topics…

[...]usually posts some very interesting stuff like this. If you’re new to this site[...]…

2. urlman cow says:

The Birch of the Shadow

I think there may possibly be a couple duplicates, but an exceedingly handy checklist! I have tweeted this. Many thanks for sharing!

3. website says:

The Birch of the Shadow

I think there might be a handful of duplicates, but an exceedingly useful checklist! I’ve tweeted this. Lots of thanks for sharing!

4. fast cash advance lenders online

Visit our site and read about fast cash advance lenders online

5. web says:

The Birch of the Shadow

I think there might be a few duplicates, but an exceedingly useful listing! I’ve tweeted this. Quite a few thanks for sharing!

6. important says:

The Absent Game

Between me and my husband we have owned more MP3 gamers through the years than I can count, together with Sansas, iRivers, iPods (basic & touch), the Ibiza Rhapsody, etc. But, the last few many years I’ve settled down to one line of gamers.

7. site says:

Healing’s Dragon

to search out concerns to improve my internet site!I suppose its alright to help make use of several of your respective principles!!

8. website says:

The Absent Game

Concerning me and my husband we have owned more MP3 gamers over the years than I can count, such as Sansas, iRivers, iPods (basic & touch), the Ibiza Rhapsody, etc. But, the last few decades I’ve settled down to one line of players.

9. website says:

The Ships’s Voyages

I believe know-how just makes it even worse. Now there’s a channel to in no way treatment, now there is not going to be a chance for them to find.